Monday 9 April 2012

Summary of CD『麻枝 准×やなぎなぎ「終わりの惑星のLove Song」』殺伐ニコ生! (まとめ)

The program regarding Maeda-san's new album, "終わりの惑星のLove Song (Owari no Hoshi no Love Song)" (official, twitter, Facebook), was broadcast on NICO NICO LIVE.
This program was moderated by 麻枝 准 (Maeda-san) and 中川 泰誠 (Nakagawa-san).
Nakagawa-san is Maeda-san's closest friend from they were college students.

The main concepts of this album are:
- each song is self-contained,
- 13 songs come together to make up bigger story.

Lyrics are provided in various languages, Japanese, English, Chinese, and Korean.


01 終わりの世界から (Owari no Sekai kara; from the World's end)
Maeda-san
"This is the prologue of this album"
"The first song I made"
"I tried to make a different song from SURUME musics"

SURUME is a dried seafood product.
The more you chew it, the more flavorful it becomes.
This is an analogy for his music.
The more you listen to his music, the more you can understand his music.

Maeda-san
"If this album contains only SURUME musics, like '百年の恋' or 'Moon', only big funs buy this"
"I, as an employee of a company, decide to make musics which usual people love"

Maeda-san
"This music is based on a music I made when I was a college student"


02 ふたりだけのArk (Futari dake no Ark; Ark only for the two)
Maeda-san
"'boku' is a girl, 'kimi' is a boy"

Japanese has various words explain the first person.
'boku' is one of them.
Usually, boys use this word.

In 2002, he mentioned about the reason why he uses 'boku' in a song which a female singer sings on the official website.
He was deeply moved by the second album of Yusa, Mimori, "空耳の丘".


03 Killer Song
Maeda-san
"I considered well how we sell this album which has no relation to other media arts"
"My ansewer is to keep on releasing animations"
"I was realy suprised by this, the first animation I saw"

Nakagawa-san
"The quality of the sound and the animation is above my expectation"
"The story drives and leads the music"
"Who can make such a great stuff is only Maeda"

Maeda-san
"My criteria about musics is Nakagawa"


04 Flower Garden
Maeda-san
"This song has an effective refrain"
"The meter is quite irregular"
"At first, people may not understand this song well"
Nakagawa-san
"The SURUME music"
Maeda-san
"Exactly!"

Maeda-san
"The title of 'Flower Garden' and 'Last Smile' came from Nakagawa"
"Nakagawa has a strong influence on me"


05 無敵のSoldier (Muteki no Soldier; Invincible Soldier)
Nakagawa-san
"Good for anyone. Impactful"
Maeda-san
"It was very challenging"
"I don't think this is good for anyone"

Maeda-san
"The concept of this album is to describe a situation"


06 凍る夢 (Kohru yume; Frozen Dream)
Nakagawa-san
"This should be more attractive"

Maeda-san
"Listening through to the end may reveal the meaning of this song in this album"

Nakagawa-san
"This shows that Yanagi Nagi has a genuis as a voice actress"

By the way, the pronunciation of "凍る", "Kohru", is close to that of "Call".
In this poet, there is a call (maybe, "are some calls") from "me" to me.
"夢 (yume)" is "you me"? I don't know...

The most strange point is that this poet starts from Apr. 31.
What does this mean?
Is this related to "バラバラになった時空"?


07 Executionerの恋 (Executioner no koi; Inmost thoughts of an Executioner)
Nakagawa-san
"This may attract young people"


08 とある海賊王の気まぐれ (Toaru Kaizoku-oh no kimagure; Whim of a Sea king)
Maeda-san
"The last song I made"
"I had already written about a mountain, a desert, and a hill... so I wrote about a sea"
Nakagawa-san
"Enjoyable to listen"


09 雪の降らない星 (Yuki no furanai hoshi; Star without Snow)
Maeda-san
"I made this music and 'Spica' when I was a college student"
"These are twin jewels"


10 火吹き山の魔法使い (Hifuki-yama no maho tsukai; Sorcerer living in a Mountain breathing fire)
Maeda-san
"This is a story of the birth of the sorcerer"


11 Last Smile
Maeda-san
"Please note that the infusion is stopped in the last scene"

A sound which may represent the infusion became weaker.

Nakagawa-san
"The second time I listened to this, I could understand well"
Maeda-san
"The typical SURUME music!"


12 Heroの条件 (Hero no joken; Criteria for Hero)
Maeda-san and Nakagawa-san made this.

Nakagawa-san
"This song melted away my unpleasant mood"

Maeda-san
"This explains about situations of the preceding 11"


13 この惑星のBirthday Song (Kono hoshi no Birthday Song; Birthday Song for our Terra)


End

No comments: